Thursday, December 30, 2004

Buy Jesus And Get Moses Free

Ever seen those Bible movies advertisements on TV? I recently saw one about 'Jesus' starring Brian Deacon as Jesus. The thing that caught my attention was the marketing strategy used in the ad. It said "Buy 'Jesus' for $19.95 and get 'Moses' free!" It sounded pretty strange that Moses was a bargain.

What I don't get about these advertisements is that how can they put a price on the Lord... this was Jesus for Christs sake! Has religion steeped so low that we have to pay for the truth. I don't know who are the people that are going to buy these movies but I would rather read the Good Book since every Jesus movie that I have ever seen is like a whole different story, its like Jesus had a different life each time.


2 comments:

Mujahid said...

Who told you that the Truth should come for free. The Truth never came free! The Truth always came with a price. The early followers of all Abrahamic religions paid a price with blood and money. So, if you ask me "Jesus for $19.95" is a bargain and with "Moses free" is a blessing from God. :)

Abdusalaam al-Hindi said...

Hahaha, interesting take el and knight.