Saturday, February 26, 2005

Girl With A Pearl Earring



Well, I'm back! My exams are over which means I can catch up on my movies, chill and finally update my blog. I noticed that it took some people a month to visit my blog and comment on the posts.

I've seen a couple of movies since the end of my semester. The most interesting of 'em was 'Girl With A Pearl Earring'. I thought it was a really good movie. The silence element was the thing that made it so good. Even though it was so silent and slow, I never lost interest in the movie. No one said anything in the movie except for " Yes, master or Yes, mistress", they just looked at each other, but you could figure out what was going on.

When this movie came out 2 years ago, I thought it would be boring because even in the trailer no one said a thing except the voice over. what do you know it turned out to be good.

I can imagine reading the novel. There is always so much description in a book which would have made it very very boring.

I guess this movie was nominated for a couple of Oscars. If you haven't seen the movie I recommend you do. (Word of caution: Most guys might not like it because theres no action in it and its a little slow)

1 comment:

Mujahid said...

So you finally fixed the picture link.